Registered Nurse Class A (Temporary Full Time), GEM Unit
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35971 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: GEM Unit
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, TEMP: January 14, 2019 to September 13, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- CPR certification
- May be required to float throughout the Health and Aging Units
- Must be interested in working with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia patients.
- Previous experience in geriatrics
- Familiar with patient focus care
- Good organizational and adaptable skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and non-verbal
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to non-professional staff.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the nursing department in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 12, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35971-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.