RNCA (Temporary Part Time), CCHO ICU COMB MED-SURG
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35975 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: CCHO ICU COMB MED-SURG
FACILITY: Charlotte County Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.4, TEMP: January 25, 2019 to February 14, 2020, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour Subject to employment status
To participate in the planning and delivery of total nursing care to meet individual patient needs in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the nursing service and Emergency Health Services departments
- Registered Nurse currently registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Minimum of 1950 hours of ER experience within the last 2 years
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and competency in the 5 level Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale
- Displays acquisition of advanced assessment and interviewing skills
- IV Therapy/venipuncture certification
- Ability to perform 12 lead ECG monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation
- Defibrillation certification
- Certification in Emergency Nursing, TNCC and PALS would be an asset
- Shows initiative and good judgement in emergency and crisis situations
- Ability to accept responsibility and perform in an "in charge" capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, public, staff and physicians in order to develop positive working relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and is willing to participate in ongoing education to upgrade knowledge and skills, as is deemed necessary by candidates own current professional practice and/or HHN
- Willingness to adhere to departmental/corporate policies and procedures
- Completion of Critical Care Course desirable.
- Completion of a structured coronary care course.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 12, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35975 External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.