HD Equip Technician
Who We Are
Vale is one of the world's largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries across five continents worldwide. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world's largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most". We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and promotes diversity in our work force.
Vale's operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including five mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also the heart of Vale's environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in its environmental recovery program and through improved mining practices and support in the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations.
Our Sudbury Operations is currently seeking a:
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (HDET)
The successful candidate will be a member of Vale's Sudbury Operations Maintenance Department in one of Vale's mines or surface plants.
- Maintenance and power transmission systems on large diesel equipment
- Braking systems on large mobile equipment
- Maintenance of hydraulic systems on mobile equipment
- Complex electrical and radio remote control systems
- Differentials and torque converters
- Air and liquid cooled, DPU controlled diesel engines
- 24 VDC wiring/control systems
The ideal candidate will have an Inter-Provincial Red Seal (Certificate of Qualification) as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4 years progressive experience (apprenticeship included).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with maintenance and power transmissions systems on large diesel equipment
- Experience with braking systems on large mobile equipment
- Experience with maintenance of hydraulic systems on mobile equipment
- Experience with complex electrical and radio remote control systems
- Experience with differentials and torque converters
- Experience with air and liquid cooled, DPU controlled diesel engines
- Experience with 24 VDC wiring/control systems
Please provide detailed employment history and detailed description of previous experience
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.