Business Advisor, Business Banking
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will be part of the Business Banking team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Banking. As a Business Advisor the main objective of the role is to get to know, and build relationships with the business owners you will manage. You will be provided with a portfolio of 75-150 established business clients, with the responsibility to understand their business, look for ways to provide trusted advice and to deepen their relationship with CIBC. You will also be building a network within your community to help attract new clients to CIBC. In addition, you will assess all aspects of the client relationship and look for ways to ensure we engage the appropriate partners within our bank best suited to advise and serve the growing needs of the business client by referring them to other parts of the bank, such as Private Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, or CIBC Wood Gundy for example.
How You'll Succeed
- Portfolio Management: Get to know your clients, visit them at their place of business and develop a strong relationship built on trust and advice.
- Business Development: Understand your local market and potential client base and create a comprehensive business plan to acquire new clients. You will use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate opportunities, and deliver bottom line results.
- Client Engagement: Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. You will deliver trusted advice and financial solutions to meet client needs and cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Community Involvement: Get involved in your community. Participate regularly in local events that provide the right support and visibility for CIBC Business Banking. Be the face of CIBC Business Banking within your market and be an advocate for positive change wherever appropriate. Get involved with local networking groups and have strong visibility in your community.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in Business Banking. You have 2 years' experience in Business Banking and have strong knowledge of business credit and cash management. You also have and/or are ready to establish a network in the local business community.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You are a passionate leader. Leadership is a big component of this role. Leading by example, helping develop your colleagues, being the face of CIBC Business Banking within your community and working hard to set us apart from the competition requires passion and leadership.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This role operates within a flexible, mobile environment. Frequent travel is required to visit clients and prospects in the community. A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle is preferred. You may be required to work outside of normal office hours including evenings and weekends.