Co-operation in Agri-food New Brunswick (CANB) is a non-profit co-operative that was created to facilitate the aggregation, storage, distribution, sales, and marketing of New Brunswick agri-food products. In essence, we enable New Brunswick agri-food producers to reach wholesale, retail, and institutional markets that would be difficult to access on their own, thus moving local foods into mainstream markets.
CANB is seeking a leader with the experience and competencies to confidently and effectively lead CANB and its staff in this logistics operation.
The Executive Director will be responsible for executing on the current business plan and mission, as well as leveraging and developing new opportunities for the organization. The primary focus of this role will be communicating, enacting, and ensuring CANB's mission is accomplished in a viable, ethical, and effective manner.
What we're looking for:
- An experienced leader with exceptional HR skills
- In-depth knowledge of agri-food or similar industries
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Process improvement expertise
- Clarifying business processes
- A person who is thorough in their work, self-directed, and has personal credibility.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead staff to ensure deliverable and performance
- Ensure that CANB's values and brand are represented appropriately
- Effective communication to members of new and existing programs
- Responsible for all day to day organisational operations and financial deliverables
- Ensure sound accounting and reporting practices
- Source new supplier and vendor relationships
- Keep abreast of trends, members' needs and growth opportunities
- Ensure that CANB has an up to date member services and information including website and
- Ensure organisational compliance with governmental rules, regulations established in relation to the various sector activities and contract agreements.
- Manage all board of directors' affairs (meetings, notices, communications...)
- Follow up on board's decisions and directions
- Recommend to the board of directors CANB's future strategies and initiatives
CANB needs strong internal leadership with the experience and competencies to:
- Establishing Focus: the ability to develop and communicate goals in support of CANB's mission.
- Empower Others: the ability to pull others into the vision and mission and then convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority.
- Managing Change: the ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Managing Performance: the ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Persuasive Communication CANB future and Influence others to support the vision of the organisation
- Strong in forward, conceptual, and strategic thinking to help envision and implement the changes without constantly pivoting and losing buy-in.
- Thorough in work, self-confident/self-possessed and personal credibility that will be reflected in their work and in turn via CANB.