CANB (Cooperation in Agri-Food New Brunswick) is seeking a bilingual Office Administrator to join the team in the head office in Miramichi. In this role you will be reporting to the Executive Director to provide support in managing the office and all administrative duties of CANB. If you have a background in administration, communications, and bookkeeping - with a love of supporting local food - we want to hear from you.
This is the role that helps keep the office, and by extension the whole organisation, organised and running smoothly. If you are someone who has a knack for putting things in order, enjoys solving problems and improving systems by finding ways to lend a helping hand, and happily pays attention to the smallest detail, then we have a position for you.
CANB is seeking someone with creative problem-solving skills, excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, familiarity with file management and filing/organizing structures, and attention to detail. We need someone who can work well independently and is highly skilled at working with and supporting a team of people. In addition, we need someone well-versed in today's technology and with an open mind towards learning to work with new digital tools that may be introduced.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Managing CANB's main phone line, you are the initial point of contact for internal and external clients.
- The CANB office is your domain. You will be responsible for managing the office, ensuring functionality, managing files, and maintaining a positive and clean workspace.
- You will help maintain the CANB website, including content updates and making recommendations to improve performance and then implementing approved changes. Additional social media responsibilities may be required.
- You will ensure finances are in order, working closely with the bookkeeper and ensuring that all CANB financial accounts in the office are filed and that all financial management processes are followed. You will be responsible for the organization of accounts payable and receivable.
- You will maintain files on behalf of CANB, including client/ordering systems
- Additional administrative duties as required.
- Fluently bilingual
- 3+ years of direct work experience in an Administrative Assistant or Office Management position
- Demonstrated communications skills
- Strong financial literacy and bookkeeping knowledge
- High level of computer literacy and willingness to learn new systems
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude
- Customer service experience
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills