Casual Security Officers
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
CASUAL SECURITY OFFICERS
Village Historique Acadien
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking individuals to join the Village Historique Acadien as Casual Security Officers.
As members of the Village Historique Acadien, the successful candidates will be responsible for monitoring and patrolling property, buildings and assets, as well as ensuring security when admitting visitors/employees.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Patrolling the grounds to protect against fire, theft and vandalism;
- Locking gates, buildings, vehicles, etc.;
- Monitoring visitors/clients for adherence to rules/policies;
- Monitoring and checking readings, temperatures and condition of buildings;
- Maintaining log books (rounds, vehicle);
- Granting access to public;
- Operating light vehicles;
- Performing minor ground maintenance;
- Collecting garbage; and
- Performing other duties assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and a valid class 5 driver's license. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Please attach a copy of your driver's license with your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who possess:
- a valid certificate in Standard First Aid
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following Operational Requirements are required:
- Shift work;
- Working on weekends;
- Variable hours.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Conflict Management Practices
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Place Marysville, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!