Regional Onboarding Coordinator
Regional Onboarding Coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, and accountable to the Greater Moncton Economic Development Team, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out a pilot project over 18-24 months. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all onboarding activities for employers hiring workers relocating within the municipalities of Dieppe, Moncton and Riverview (the region) as well as aspects related to the regional relocation service framework and gaps to be filled. In short, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the three municipalities, along with the various provincial, regional and municipal stakeholders, are able to properly support businesses in their efforts to hire workers relocating in the region. It is essential that these efforts be made as soon as possible so that these people can fully contribute to the regional economy and society. The target clientele will include employers, entrepreneurs and workers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work in close collaboration with employers, municipalities, governments and community stakeholders to develop and implement the regional relocation service framework and gaps for new workers recently hired by local employers;
- Support the Greater Moncton Economic Development Team in developing a relocation service framework and gaps to assist relocation of new workers in the region;
- Collaborate with the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy team and the region's Local Immigration Partnership (LIP);
- Establish a strong network with community stakeholders to forge ties with employers that hire large numbers of employees;
- Develop processes and checklists to assist relocation of new workers in the region;
- Collect, analyze and compile information from the field to determine progress and challenges related to workers relocation within the three municipalities;
- Value all support services from the various regional stakeholders that support the relocation approach in settling, supporting and retaining workers for employers in the region;
- Ensure inspiring practices are shared to ensure an ongoing transfer of knowledge and experience among regions in the area;
- Establish and document the management of a success evaluation and monitoring process;
- In order to carry out a pilot project, processes must be developed and documented, and certain tasks must be carried out, including the following:
- Conduct research, coordinate and promote activities, existing relocation services and support measures, ideally for when deciding to move and for when arriving;
- Coordinate information on existing orientation sessions in the region so that employers are able to communicate that information to future employees;
- Coordinate information on existing front-line services to ensure that this information is presented to workers relocating in the region;
- Develop an information onboarding tool kit and presentation on the services available to workers relocating for employers willing to hire them;
- Prepare and present reports and files as well as make recommendations to the appropriate authorities;
- Carry out other related assigned duties.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience managing a community project that had a positive, measurable impact;
- Previous experience in customer service in a corporate setting;
- Experience in community leadership and establishment using various communication and promotional mediums;
- Knowledge of the state of the job market situation, education and integration services for workers relocating in the region.
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Knowledge of digital communication and marketing tools;
- Excellent knowledge of the Web and the main social media platforms.
Skills and requirements
- Willing and enthusiastic team player;
- Innate sense of customer service quality and interpersonal relations;
- Ability to work under pressure, without constant supervision and as part of a team;
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- High level of professional integrity and confidentiality;
- Very good ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships;
- Ability to highlight the presence, credibility, relevance and contribution of an organization;
- Good work habits, keen organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to determine the priority of tasks, meet deadlines and organize the work schedule accordingly;
- Ability to organize and lead local and regional meetings, which includes establishing and following agendas, preparing minutes and implementing the resulting recommendations;
- Meticulousness and precision in recordkeeping;
- Ability to work on multiple files at once in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Ability to handle delicate issues very effectively and discreetly;
- Professionalism and good judgment;
- Creative and innovative and takes initiative;
- Responsible, reliable and resourceful;
- The incumbent will be required to work overtime on evenings or weekends as well as travel outside the workplace.
HOURS OF WORK
Thirty-five (35) hours a week
According to established pay schedule.
Closing Date: December 10 at 4:30 PM.