Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Dr-Léon-Richard Oncology Centre with the possibility of being reassigned to Oncology (4D) and/or Palliative Care (3CSP)
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 18 months)
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Implement the steps of the nursing process and preside over the episode of care in order to promote independence of the client and his family while respecting the standards, philosophy and goals of the nursing practice adopted in the Oncology Program. Perform all other related duties as required of the service.
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- Certification in BLS (basic life support) and must maintain the certification;
- Certification in short-term and long term central lines therapy;
- Have successfully completed the certification program in antineoplastic agent administration or obtain it within 2 years after obtaining the position and maintain certification;
- At least 2 years' experience in medicine or surgery acquired during the last 5 years;
- Knowledge of information technology;
- Recognized skills in organization and managing the assigned workload;
- Recognized skills in the ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Recognized skills in teaching, communication and interpersonal relations;
- Strong interest to deepen knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment