Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Psychiatry (4B) with the possibility of being reassigned in Mental Health and Pedopsychiatry
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour and/or 12 hours shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
Initiate the steps in the nursing care process and manage care episodes within a helping relationship demonstrating the relations with clients and their loved ones. Perform all other related duties based on the needs within the area.
- Member of Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- "Non-violent crisis intervention" training, or obtaining this training within six months of granting of position;
- Psychiatry and mental health nursing certificate from the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA), or obtaining certificate within three years of granting of position;
- Practical computer skills;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment