Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent Part Time), SJRH IC Liberty Lane DVA and Victory Lane
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34579a External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH IC Liberty Lane DVA and Victory Lane
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.4, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Graduation from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Education in Dementia Care.
- Positive work experience with Geriatric patients.
- Geriatric focus.
- May be required to work both nursing units, Victory lane and Liberty lane
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction without constant supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgement and the ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Relevant work experience as a registered nursing assistant within the past five years.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Observes and reports changes in patients' behavior;
- Participated in goal oriented communication, verbal and non-verbal, on an individual and group Basis;
- Charts pertinent information:
- Participates in the development and modification of Nursing care plans;
- Measures, reports and records:
- Assists patients:
- Uses measures to prevent contractures and maintain individual body alignment:
- Used protective devices:
- Applies slings, binders.
- Assists with basic hygiene needs:
Performs the following procedures:
- Utilizes Basic Life Saving techniques (if Certified):
- Uses proper techniques for isolation.
- Assists with basic elimination needs:
Assists the individual to meet nutritional needs by:
- Assists with respiratory therapy via oxygen mask and cannula.
- Provides post mortem care.
- Admits patient after initial assessment by registered nurse.
- Prepares patient for transfer and/or discharge as directed.
- Maintains effective working relationship with staff, patients and the public.
- Answers patient call bell.
- Attends in-services as directed.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34579a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.