Telecommunications Admitting Registering Scheduling Clerk (1065) (Temporary Full Time), URVH SWITCHBOARD
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35929 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: URVH SWITCHBOARD
FACILITY: Upper River Valley Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Telecommunications/Admitting/Registering/Scheduling Clerk (1065)
CLASSIFICATION: Telecommunications/Admitting/Registering/Scheduling Clerk (1065)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, TEMP: December 10, 2018 to June 21, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $19.9323 to $21.4551 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Telecommunications/Admitting/Registering/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for operating the switchboard and public address system and performing patient registration/scheduling duties.
- A High School Diploma plus an administrative support program of at least six months duration OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1065, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Must have courses in Medical Terminology and Keyboarding.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Medical Terminology Spelling 75%
- Medical Terminology Vocabulary 75%
The Telecommunications/Admitting/Registering/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for:
- Providing answering and messaging services
- Providing information kiosk services
- Registering and/or scheduling patients
- Entering data into Clinical Information Systems
- Preparing and maintaining patient records
- Maintaining bed tracking systems
- Performing general clerical duties
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35929-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.