Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Lamèque Hospital and Community Health Centre
DEPARTMENT : Medical Unit
CLASSIFICATION : Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : On call
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 and 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs
JOB SUMMARY :
This is nursing care performed under the supervision of a registered nurse. The nursing care provided supports a client's right to be treated in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Graduation from an accredited practical nurse program and membership with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French is required.
- The incumbent may occasionally be required to work in the various nursing units and to accompany a patient during a transfer.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment