Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Clinical Nutrition
CLASSIFICATION : Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 6 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Mainly day shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Distributes and collects menus for each patient and ensures that each menu corresponds to the prescribed diet. Helps patients to fill out their menus. Takes note of the patient's food preferences. Informs the dietitian of any cases requiring intervention. Respects the policies and procedures of the department.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a recognized course in Food Service Management;
- Relevant experience to the position;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment.