Structural Engineer - Industrial FIFO
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Structural engineer to join our industrial department, located at Labrador city.
- Participate in the design of plans, specifications and details from the guidelines for industrial projects;
- Perform design and application calculations in accordance with guidelines, code requirements and other regulations;
- Establish and maintain contacts with clients to define needs, to present information technology, concepts or study results;
- Produce quantity records and prepare budget estimates;
- Ensure the verification and production of bidding documents, specifications and other technical documents;
- Supervise the work of the technicians and draughtsmen assigned to the project;
- Assist the project manager as needed;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in structural project design (institutional, commercial, industrial);
- Be a member licence Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland and Labrador - PEGNL is an asset;
- Experience in consulting engineering considered an asset;
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Mastery of 3D modeling software;
- Excellent communication in english and french orally and in writing.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.