Communications Coordinator (BILINGUAL)
Type: 1 full-time (35 hours/week) from January 7th, 2019 to March 31st, 2019, with the possibility of renewal.
The Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ARAISA) is an umbrella association which serves as a collective voice and forum for its members who are committed to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees in the Atlantic Region. ARAISA works to increase the effectiveness of its members as a result of its initiatives to support the sector and its contributions to regional and national forums.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will have responsibility for ARAISA's internal and external communication strategies, policies, processes and activities. This includes management of the organization's website, social media, special initiatives, and publications. The Communications Coordinator will collaborate with others to develop strategies and create content to engage new audiences, and provide consistent key messaging to advance our strategic directions.
- Identify and work with external contractors to develop a new website for the organization
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate a comprehensive strategic communication plan in alignment with ARAISA's 5-year strategic plan
- Design, produce, and coordinate components related to strategic communications, which may include social media, media relations, events, writing, multimedia production, content marketing and stakeholder engagement
- Monitor and advise organizational leadership of relevant news items related to member organizations, sector issues, and influential regional, national, and international developments
- Disseminate relevant and helpful resources and information to ARAISA members
- Manage website, including updating information and expanding ARAISA's on-line presence
- Liaise with vendors, consultants and other providers
- Report on the effectiveness and impact of the organization's initiatives related to areas of responsibility
- Work within related budgets
The Communications Coordinator is also responsible for:
- Providing support to ARAISA's programs and operations as required
- Representing ARAISA at events or external meetings, when requested
- Other duties, as deemed necessary
- Degree in public relations, journalism, communications and/or marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of three years' relevant experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both French and English required
- Experience in designing and maintaining websites
- Experience in the design and production of print materials and publications
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in developing products using online tools (canva, mailchimp, surveymonkey, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience writing press releases and other media content
- Knowledge of information technology and digital environments, and an ability to trouble-shoot and provide occasional support to others
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small, dedicated team
- Knowledge of the Atlantic Region, settlement organizations, and issues of immigration, diversity and inclusion
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and/or the immigrant settlement sector is considered an asset
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé merged into one (1) document to Carolyn Whiteway at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line. Please ensure that you demonstrate how you meet the above qualifications.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit a writing sample. Further qualifications may be assessed during the competition process.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Wednesday, December 12th at 5:00 PM (AST)