Inspector, Water and Wastewater
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Construction Inspector to join our Water and Wastewater department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager this position will be responsible for performing and/or inspecting quality assurance (QA) acceptance on linear piping, grading, concrete, asphalt, concrete, and granular .
- Maintain detailed daily diaries of contractor's work, contract progress and inspection milestones;
- Ensure inspection tasks are completed and recorded in a prompt and accurate manner;
- Recognize when extra work needs to be done and report to the Contract Administrator;
- Ensure approved construction materials are used and acquired from approved sources and a record is kept of such materials;
- Ensure contractor adheres to all contract requirements and specifications as per Contract Administrator's direction; e.g. legal, environmental, construction standards, etc.;
- Be a company representative and act on behalf of the company;
- Travel and work on contracts throughout Ontario;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil Engineering Diploma from an accredited college;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience with construction surveying would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule inspection work;
- Valid Ontario driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.