CIBC in Toronto, ON
Chief Designer and Platform Architect
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining the Branch and Call Center Development, Distribution Technology team within CIBC's Personal and Small Business Banking group. As a Chief Designer, you will actively consult with business and technology stakeholders during inception and realization of the programs, representing core architecture capabilities necessary to deliver the solution, program objectives while defining and maintaining overall applied solution architecture for the program. You will lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, smart systems to create the bank of the future. You will contribute to CIBC's Digital transformation by successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale projects.
How You'll Succeed
- Design & Develop: Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities: Design application's technical infrastructure and leading the design and development: specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Stay up to date with current trends in the application development and create best practices.
- Innovation: You will ask yourself how does technology play into making products. Creating the bank branch of the future by utilizing technology to replace the traditional banking branch model with the bank branch of the future.
- Strong Leadership: Act as the development team lead and interface with the project team including providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for the development team and leading code-review sessions to ensure overall code quality aligns with business and project requirements. Collaborates with solution designers, enterprise architects and lead developers to ensure the architecture represents both the solution and the program objectives. Effectively communicates architectural concerns to Product Owners to shape the Product and Product backlog.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: PEGA, CRM Dynamics, Microservices, Java, SOA, MEAN Stack and Machine Learning. In depth understanding of modern enterprise scale application architecture platforms and patterns. SOA, Cloud computing, Microservices, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, CaaS. It is an asset if you have demonstrated experience in system architecture.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision. You are passionate about client service - pay attention to details, maintain high standards for quality and want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends