Opportunities for Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Southern NB Woodlands in Sussex, NB
Opportunities for LICENSED MECHANIC
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates for the position of LICENSED MECHANIC to be located in Sussex, St. George or Saint John, New Brunswick .
- Red Seal Certified Heavy Equipment (Minimum requirement)
- Red Seal Truck and Trailer Certified (Asset)
- 5-10 years of progressive experience as Heavy Duty Service Technician with proven mobile field work
- Valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Dedicated to safety
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well versed in machine software packages
- Technologically inclined (Computer, Smartphones, Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with mechanical reliability principles and programs
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work with shifting priorities and multiple tasks
- Customer focused and able to work with others at all levels of management
- Ability to work independently with a mobile service truck
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work shift work (Monday-Friday days, with rotating weekends on call)
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Troubleshooting equipment and perform equipment repairs
- Ordering of appropriate parts
- Working with supervisors, customers, and fellow mechanics on various tasks
- Providing support for onsite safety requirements
- Safe operation and upkeep of company mobile service unit
- Various other garage-related activities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for a current or future Operations career opportunity with JDI, please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the online application form. A resume of past experience is required; a cover letter is not.
What to Expect:
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications, desired work location, and fit within the JDI group of companies. Only those candidates who have the necessary qualifications will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in our company! To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.