Immigration Strategy Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for implementing all immigration-related activities within the City of Dieppe as well as aspects related to the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy. In short, this person will be responsible for developing and implementing the immigration strategy within the City of Dieppe.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the team in carrying out Expansion Dieppe's 2015-2020 Strategic Plan;
- Develop and implement the City of Dieppe's immigration strategy, derived from the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy;
- Support the team as well as local and regional stakeholders in carrying out the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy;
- Support the Expansion Dieppe and City of Dieppe team in carrying out cultural diversity and inclusion strategies;
- Collaborate in developing and implementing special projects and initiatives in support of cultural diversity and inclusion for the City of Dieppe and Greater Moncton;
- Represent Expansion Dieppe within the Local Immigration Partnership (LIP) and its work committees;
- Ensure liaison and create alliances with various local, regional and provincial stakeholders and partners;
- Collect, analyze and compile information from the field to determine progress and challenges related to immigrant integration/inclusion within the City of Dieppe and Greater Moncton;
- Organize and lead local and regional meetings, which includes establishing and following agendas, preparing minutes and implementing the resulting recommendations;
- Promote the City of Dieppe and Greater Moncton among Canadians from other provinces and countries targeted in the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy;
- Organize and lead exploratory visits for newcomers to the City of Dieppe;
- Act as a resource person for new businesses started up by newcomers by offering them community economic development expertise and/or referring them to other service providers within Greater Moncton and New Brunswick;
- Ensure inspiring practices are shared to ensure an ongoing transfer of knowledge and experience among regions;
- Prepare and present reports and files as well as make recommendations to Expansion Dieppe's Board of Directors and City Council;
- Carry out other related assigned duties.
- Post-secondary degree in art, business administration, public administration, community and cultural development, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary studies and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a position in the field of immigration (employment immigration processes, immigration options, recruitment, settlement and services), multiculturalism or community development;
- Good understanding and experience in the field of immigration (employment immigration processes, immigration options, recruitment, retention, attraction, settlement and services), multiculturalism or community development;
- Previous experience giving public presentations, organizing events and facilitating meetings an asset.
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Knowledge of digital communication and marketing tools;
- Excellent knowledge of the Web and social media. Skills and requirements
- Excellent writing skills and command of French and English grammar;
- Innate sense of customer service quality and interpersonal relations: ability to work under pressure, without constant supervision and as part of a team;
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- High level of professional integrity and confidentiality;
- Very good ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships;
- Ability to highlight the presence, credibility, relevance and contribution of an organization;
- Good work habits, keen organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to determine the priority of tasks, meet deadlines and organize the work schedule accordingly;
- Meticulousness and precision in recordkeeping;
- Ability to work on multiple files at once in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Ability to handle delicate issues very effectively and discreetly;
- Professionalism and good judgment;
- Creative and innovative and takes initiative;
- Responsible, reliable and resourceful;
- The incumbent will be required to work overtime on evenings or weekends as well as travel outside the workplace.
HOURS OF WORK
Thirty-five (35) hours a week
According to established pay schedule.
Closing Date: December 10 at 4:30 PM.