Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), SJH Health and Aging RELIEF TEAM
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35674 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJH Health and Aging RELIEF TEAM
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.6, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Provision of nursing care to meet the individual patients' needs by utilizing the nursing process. The RNCA provides nursing care to patient populations within the Health & Aging Program at St Joseph's Hospital.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- Previous nursing experience in geriatrics is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Required to complete the Senior Population and Responsive Behaviour Management Education within the first year of employment.
- Ability to assume Charge Nurse duties and responsibilities
- High regard for patient advocacy and confidentiality
- Effective communication skills with patients, families and the public
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment, and the ability to set priorities
- CPR certification, and required mandatory annual e-learning
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
- Assesses the health care needs of patients, including patients assigned to non-professional staff.
- Identifies needs affecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Collaborates with the patient and health care team to formulate objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling and health promotion to patients and families.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Effectively communicate with the health care team and families.
- Coaches and supports new employees during orientation.
- Guides and oversees non-professional staff.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development and assumes responsibility for updating own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice in Geriatric Nursing.
- Collaborates with the nursing departments, community agencies, and families.
- Identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes in care.
- Participates in promoting quality improvement initiatives on nursing units.
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of Charge Nurse if required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35674 External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.