Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Full Time Permanent Position
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
In this role, the Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for providing management reporting and strategic analysis, as well as supporting key processes. The Senior Data Analyst will report to the General Manager, Integration and Organizational Performance and will work closely with many areas of the organization, including the senior leadership team, to understand their monitoring, reporting and data needs.
In this role, the incumbent will assume responsibility for the production, maintenance and support of a suite of dashboards and reports for the entire organization, including the Part III company. They will be a subject matter expert on source system data and will accurately extract and analyze data to meet the various demands of the business. The incumbent will be a key member of a team of professionals who support the ongoing development of Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and monitoring and reporting on health information from our Part III company sources.
- Development and maintenance of dashboard as specified by the business areas;
- Work closely with the other members of the team to ensure reporting standards are maintained and overall information governance is adhered to;
- Act as a key advisor to the senior management team on operational and strategic data analysis;
- Provide data for scheduled and unscheduled reporting on contractually identified KPIs and performance measures, including reviewing all component reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Provide guidance and leadership to key internal resources that support the data and information infrastructure;
- Data mining, analysis and interpretation of data, reports and trends;
- Support the ongoing development of reporting tools to reflect evolving business requirement;
- Support business development through analysis of data and modelling of system impacts;
- Developing evidence informed auditing tools and processes for new and existing programs, services and initiatives;
- Ensure that privacy is respected in measurement and reporting systems;
- Support operational and strategic decision-making of the senior leadership team by providing critical information, tools and recommendation;
- Engage in peer quality assurance activities to help maintain our contractual and operational obligations which require timely and accurate deliverables;
- Build and maintain productive working relationship with our business partners;
- Prioritize incoming requests, manage expectations and working relationships.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you:
- Have a university degree, in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a system analysis role or system design;
- Experience working directly with senior leadership as a key advisor;
- Extensive experience with data-visualization technology;
- Ability to quickly analyze, understand and interpret business requirements;
- Understand data-visualization concepts;
- Strong understanding of business drivers and KPIs;
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of technical database management and reporting management functions;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the key records management and information management standards and legislation and information standards;
- Possess strong analytical skills (able to make sense of data and trends, and produce actionable analysis used by the business to make timely decisions);
- Proficiency in data classification and protection of sensitive data;
- Possess strong working knowledge of database query languages and expertise in Microsoft SQL server, other reporting tools (Oracle Discoverer, PLSQL) and Microsoft Office including proficiency in excel;
- Experience in a health care environment would be considered an asset.
Bilingualism is strongly preferred for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes December 5, 2018.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer.