Community Animator & Supported Living Facilitator
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion.
The Community Animator and Supported Living Facilitator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Moncton and the successful candidate will work in the Moncton area. This is a full-time contract position.
The Community Animator and Supported Living Facilitator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
· Development of personal support networks;
· Facilitating connections to community;
· Monitoring of supported living arrangements;
· Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
· Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
· Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
· Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.