Internal Communications Manager
Apply Now Internal Communications Manager
Dartmouth, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada Req #573
Friday, January 18, 2019
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
The purpose of the role of Internal Communication Manager is to manage and execute the delivery of communications across supported channels in a timely manner and to ensure that the right message is delivered to the right workgroups. It ensures the workgroups have a clear understanding of appropriate prioritization of all information. This is a highly collaborative role and you'll work in partnership with teammates and internal workgroups, to ensure successful and engaging distribution of information. This role will support our front-line groups in our call center department, including Customer Care: Customer Sales & Service and Tier 2 Technical Support , Retail, Workforce (dispatching and scheduling of internal staff), and our Continuous Improvement team.
Other duties include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to develop a holistic and engaging communications strategy
- Work with supported channels to ensure successful delivery and implementation of communications strategy
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal business leaders to maintain and ensure consistency of messaging among all audiences
- Chair bi-weekly cross functional work group meeting, to ensure organizational initiatives and customer impacting projects are properly aligned with appropriate timing for successful communication to employees
- Report on the progress of current and upcoming business initiatives to senior managers
- Increase readership amongst frontlines
- Track, measure, and analyze the communication flow to all workgroups
- Develop digital strategy for the optimization of a knowledge base and intranet, email, digital screen and WebEx
- Continue to improve the ease of use of knowledge base and intranet for frontlines, making it meaningful and relevant
- Develop strategy to drive accountability for frontlines to utilize knowledge base and intranet on regular basis
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different work groups
- Monitors emerging trends and best practices in employee engagement
- Respond to feedback from employees and adjust communications content accordingly
- Measure and report on impact of information via: readership and huddle quizzes
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to make critical decisions and take accountability for results
- Must be able to help build consensus, be diplomatic and able to influence
- Must be able to lead and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and remain focused
- Should have keen ability to understand how the organization works and operates
- Ability to interact with senior leaders with confidence, to take feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Demonstrated communicator and leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products - Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation - to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people. Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.
- Job Family Customer Care
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Dartmouth, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada