Intermediate Risk Assessor
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently hiring for an Intermediate Risk Assessment / Toxicology professional to join our Ontario Environmental Group, located in Kitchener or Hamilton. Reporting to the National Contaminated Sites Lead, and working closely with the Senior Technical Lead, Toxicology & Risk Assessment t his position will be primarily responsible for the completion of human health and ecological risk assessments.
- Recommend and apply human health modelling and ecological risk assessment methods.
- Exercise in depth knowledge and experience with Ontario Regulation 153/04 and the Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan.
- Preparation of Environmental Risk Assessment Reports, Health Impact Assessments, and Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Support or lead projects related to Contaminated Site Assessments & Remediation, Air Impact Studies, Waste Management, Mining, and Transportation.
- Work closely with senior staff members to develop technical and project management skills.
- Act as a client liaison both internally and externally,
- Act as a champion supporting and driving business development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Toxicology, Environmental Science, or other related field of study.
- Qualified Person for submission of Risk Assessments for Ontario Regulation 153/04.
- Intermediate level of experience completing risk assessments, health based consulting, and toxicological reviews.
- Experience with human health modelling and ecological risk assessment methods.
- Valid Class "G" Driver's License with a clean driver's abstract and access to a reliable vehicle; travel is a requirement of this position.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and well organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with specific competencies in Word and Excel.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.