Consultant, Advisory Services
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP has an opening for a Consultant to join our Advisory Services team. We seek problem-solvers who combine strong analytical skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions independently. The position will involve supporting the team in the preparation of a wide range of financial and economic analyses, feasibility studies, due diligence and policy research through multi-disciplinary assignments. As a Consultant in our Advisory Services Group, you will be part of a team working on national and international engagements for public and private sector clients that own, operate, and invest in transportation infrastructure assets. We are looking for a hard-working, outside-the-box thinker to join our growing team in Ottawa.
About WSP Advisory Services
Our Advisory Services group is focused on providing policy support, financial analysis, management consulting, economic analysis, risk analysis, ITS planning and asset management services to public and private transportation infrastructure owners and operators. We work to improve performance and ensure the application of industry-leading practices to help address tomorrow's transportation infrastructure and policy challenges today. Additional information about WSP's Advisory Services group can be found at: https://www.wsp.com/en-CA/services/advisory-services
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative analyses such as economic cost-benefit analyses/business cases, financial modelling, feasibility studies, and due diligence
- Proactively undertake business development efforts by identifying, capturing and responding to opportunities
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, project managers, internal and external leads
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary degree with a major in engineering, planning or business
- Advanced degree in engineering, planning, business, economics or finance is preferred
- CFA or other financial modelling designations would be considered an asset
- Experience with transportation policy and knowledge of new mobility considered an asset
- Experience working with Provincial and Federal clients would be considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, particularly through Excel based analyses
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high-quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment to meet strict deadlines
- Committed team player with strong communication and organizational skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.