Senior Electrical Technologist
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently searching for a dedicated and experienced Intermediate Senior Electrical Technologist to join our Infrastructure group in North Vancouver. An innovative thinker, the Senior Electrical Technologist will work with a creative, dynamic team of Engineers, Designers, and Project Managers and will have a direct impact on the successful delivery of some of Canada's most iconic infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate should be familiar with electrical and automation design for a variety of municipal, water and wastewater, and industrial electrical projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, drawing creation, and 3D modeling of projects.
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in 2D and 3D for all electrical system designs;
- Preparing 3D models with Revit program for all electrical systems;
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for infrastructure and industrial projects;
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering requirements for building and industrial infrastructure and site design;
- Ability to perform interdisciplinary coordination with mechanical, structural, civil, and architectural disciplines per project requirement;
- Perform individually or as a team member with electrical discipline; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduated with bachelor's degree or CET Electrical Engineering education;
- 10+ years' experience designing electrical systems for buildings and industrial infrastructure, including but not limited to: power distribution, lighting, automation, controls, life safety and communications;
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and meet the deadlines;
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, and applicable codes, standards and work practices;
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is a must;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Detail oriented, organized, hard worker, with a team player attitude;
- Perform under pressure to meet the deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Familiarity with power studies software (ETAP, EasyPower, SKM) used for engineering studies - arc flash, load, fault and coordination studies, lighting, grounding, etc. is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.