Community Nurse (Temporary Part Time), Community Health Centre Nursing
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35087a External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Community Health Centre Nursing
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Community Health Centre
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Community Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, FTE: 0.4, TEMP: December 10, 2018 to June 4, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The RNCA provides Primary Health Care services, Illness/Injury Prevention, Chronic Disease Management, and Community Development services, using a population health approach in an interdisciplinary team of health providers. In keeping with the provincial CHC framework, and the Community Health Program Standards, the service model is based on the principles of primary health care with the primary goal of supporting communities in meeting their health care needs.
The RNCA's responsibilities include provision of care to scheduled and unscheduled patients, involving all phases of the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating, with or without the physician or nurse practitioner on site. Nursing responsibilities include monitoring care using telephone support; assisting in establishing priorities for scheduling patients; counseling/educating patients on health maintenance, health promotion and disease conditions. Referrals to other members of the collaborative team will be expected when appropriate. Some responsibilities for collaborative program development for groups and individuals including needs assessment, program planning, delivery and evaluation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Facility Manager.
- Active registration in NANB.
- Certification of transportation of dangerous goods
- Current BCLS, ACLS certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in providing direct patient care to people throughout the life span, in all stages of health and complexities of illness, from unpredictable situations and chronic illness to health promotion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in planning, implementing and evaluating client/community, health education and promotion.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. (Advance Level)
- Provides care to the patient/family/community across the lifespan.
- Uses collaborative approach to problem-solving to obtain optimal outcomes.
- Assists with patient care through ongoing educational initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of current evidence-based standards of nursing care.
- Contributes to the professional and the organizational vision as it pertains to clinical practice and patient care.
- Promotes positive relationships with patients, families and communities. Works collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assists in developing and maintaining effective relationships with outside agencies and the community.
- Works collaboratively and networks with other professionals to ensure services are available to individuals and/or groups.
- Effectively deploys human relation skills including conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Assists with identifying, planning and implementing health promotion programs based on determined need, in collaboration with individuals, groups and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to collaborative practice and professional development.
- Attends in-services and continuing education programs for self-development and participates in formal educational programs.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competence.
- Maintains annual certifications in skills/programs as required.
- Assists in orientation of new staff and the education/orientation of nursing students.
- Shares expertise with peers and others.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35087a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.