WSP in Kitimat, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an onsite Geomatics Technician to join our Team in the Kitimat, BC office Reporting to the CAD Supervisor, you will be responsible for quality control checks on field returns, survey calculations and project documentation for the client project. Fly-in and fly-out will be provided from Edmonton or Calgary.
- Perform survey calculations of surveys using both GPS and conventional survey methods
- Process survey data and monitors procedures used by field crews to collect survey data
- Survey calculation for piles, anchor bolts, foundation, grading based on client supplied IFC drawings for survey layout
- Create alignment, corridor as per client supplied IFC drawings
- Earthwork volume calculations as per survey data and grading plan
- Preparation of files for field layout including CSV, RXL, DXF, TTM.
- Use standard survey practices efficiently to draft accurate survey plans from information gathered in the field and office
- Draft plans using the standards set out by WSP using current lisp routines and blocks
- Redline as built drawings
- Prepare reports as per scope of work e.g. Layout, pre-pour and as-built reports
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques and developments;
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of all plans for which you have responsibility meet the WSP standards before they are delivered for checking
- Able to work with Survey Field Supervisors and establish priorities and complete work duties with limited supervision.
- Our successful candidate will be a graduate with a Geomatics Engineering Technologist certificate or other relevant technical training;
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related software in the preparation of survey related plans
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre and other survey calculation software;
- Excellent computer skills with a good understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- An understanding of the basic principles of surveying and survey plan requirements;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis;
- The capacity to learn new software and be open to new ideas;
- Ability to identify and set priorities; effective time management
- Strong attention to detail.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.