Senior Manager, AML Analytics
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Fraud Analytics and Risk Modelling is responsible for the development of analytics to measure and optimize fraud, AML and credit risk performance. The Fraud and AML Analytics team supports the development of fraud and AML risk strategy to deliver CIBC's client experience, risk management, and business growth objectives. Reporting to the Senior Director, the Senior Manager, AML Analytics is responsible for independently leading and supporting the analytical requests of the AML compliance program and is responsible for the effectiveness of all AML data quality, accuracy and analytics.
How You'll Succeed
Quantitative Analytics - Lead the quantitative analytical work based on model risks, business needs and regulatory requirements while fostering a continuous improvement culture. Demonstrate considerable knowledge and analytic capabilities through the development of quantitative data analysis and data mining solutions, emphasizing the development of database driven reports and analyses. Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques. Assesses data quality and potential impacts.
Technical / Data Modelling Skills - D evelop rules and models that continuously improve the effectiveness of the fraud and AML transaction monitoring systems. Have the ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications for technology to implement, also have the ability to review and assess technology systems relative to business requirements. You have proven experience in the management of complex technology systems and testing and implementing changes to technological systems. You will also be required to support/participate in data quality efforts and the expansion of transaction monitoring coverage to new product types.
Communication & Collaboration - Manage relationships with technology partners and external vendors to ensure the systems supporting the program are operating effectively and efficiently. You have the ability to coordinate efforts within compliance teams as well as across multiple business units and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Who You Are
You can demonstrate minimum 7 years' experience in in analytics or technical fields, ideally in a financial services industry, or regulatory agency or law firm involving compliance issues. SQL programming and conducting data mining, query performance and tuning. You also have a good understanding with statistical and computer software, or other analytical tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point, knowledge in UNIX or PC environment for modeling.
You ideally have strong knowledge of : AML regulations, OFAC laws, practices and economic sanctions, which may be enhanced via accreditation by ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists), or similar certification, or become certified within first year of employment . It's an asset if you have working knowledge of Customer Due Diligence and Transaction Monitoring modules and anti-fraud or compliance systems.
You have a degree/diploma in M.S. degree or above with emphasis in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related quantitative fields
You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- This is an Individual contributor role, with a potential to grow in to people management.