Senior Service Designer
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You are a Design Researcher who is passionate about designing innovative and compelling customer experiences. You will be a pioneering member of the newly formed Service Design team within the Enterprise Process Management team (part of CIBC's Client Connectivity & Innovation group). We work on big, juicy, omni-channel problems that stretch across the bank - what we call client-facing "moment of truth" journeys - that define a client's relationship with CIBC. We put the clients' needs at the heart of the experiences we design - from when a client is buying a home, to when they are dealing with fraud on their credit card, to when they need a build a financial plan to achieve their personal goals. At the heart of our work, we are creative problem solvers, client champions and story tellers who are passionate about falling in love with the problem, not the solution. We conduct research that builds empathy with the client, we identify key insights to drive innovation, we co-create solutions, we make prototypes and test them, and we run pilots, all with the goal of taking the service live. We are a small, but mighty team that will be laying a new path for how we design financial service experiences, building a new discipline at the bank, where we drive measurable improvements for our clients and the bank.
How You'll Succeed
- Delivering End-to-End Service Design Projects : Designing and leading the human-centered research portion of a project by planning for and then leading teams and stakeholders through primary research (interviews, ethnographic studies etc.), secondary research (horizon scans, literature reviews) and insights synthesis. Determining research participant requirements (writing screeners etc.) and planning research activities (research protocols, artefacts etc.). Collaborating on a multidisciplinary team to translate insights into powerful stories and artefacts (customer journey maps, videos, storyboards etc.) as well as concepts for innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences. Conceptualizing, constructing, and testing low fidelity prototypes, where prototypes could be sketches, storyboards, wireframes etc. Identifying and navigating constraints, existing systems, or potential barriers to building and scaling our solutions. Helping to guide stakeholders to set the vision for projects, including framing the problems to be solved and defining project success criteria.
- Helping to build a Practice and a Team : Helping CIBC pioneer and build the practice of Service Design within the bank. Being an active contributor in the Service Design industry, including keeping up to date on new trends, advances and best practices, and delivering thought leadership.
- Championing Service Design Across the Bank : Telling compelling stories that are effective in communicating the client experience in a simple and engaging way. Articulating and evangelizing the value of service design to internal partners across the bank, including developing and delivering presentations training sessions. You excel at relationship management, with a strong focus on developing and sustaining effective, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. You're an excellent facilitator, comfortable supporting collaborative sessions with cross-functional working groups that include clients and internal staff. You have a strong understanding of human centered design, with the confidence to plan and lead a variety of research techniques to uncover market and user insights that champion the voice of the client.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with 4 years in Design Research, UX research, Ethnography, Design Strategy, Human-Centered Design or related fields. You have experience teaching and/or coaching non-designers in design thinking, service design, or design research. You have experience leading multi-methods design research projects as part of end-to-end Service Design projects. You're a multi-lateral thinker. You're comfortable working in both abstract strategic concepts and in tactical execution details. You can translate research insights into a compelling story and explain complex analysis to any audience. You can think visually - you're able to both sketch ideas and concepts visually and to create professionally designed visual artifacts.
- You have a degree/diploma in or a graduate degree or equivalent experience in human-centered research (design, anthropology, psychology, UX etc.), Strategic Foresight and Innovation, Business Design, Human Factors, Journalism or related fields.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit