Research Coordinator in Laboratory Medicine (Permanent Part Time), Research Services
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35446 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Research Services
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Research Coordinator in Laboratory Medicine
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $22.60 to $31.60 per hour (Payband 3)
Reporting to the Regional Director of Research Services and the Clinical Department Head of Laboratory Medicine, the Research Coordinator provides research and study services in support of specified medical research programs. This includes the collection and analysis of research data in accordance with the established study protocol and applicable Health Canada Food and Drug regulations. The Research Coordinator ensures adherence to hospital/departmental policies and established clinical procedures, standards, and practices.
- Degree in a health-related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience in a laboratory research environment
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical research experience required
- Knowledge and experience in research methodology
- Experience with patient recruitment and/or data collection
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge, skills and experience in a laboratory environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multidisciplinary team and/or framework
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
- Participates in and coordinates the planning, development, and implementation of research protocols in accordance with research parameters.
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, and implementation of day-to-day research activities and procedures, ensuring efficient workflow and adequate care and treatment of research subjects.
- When necessary, plans and carries out programs for the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of clinical research subjects and/or volunteers; instructs subjects on treatment methods and protocol.
- Establishes appropriate data collection systems and procedures, according to established research protocol.
- Coordinates and monitors the collection, processing, and recording of research data and/or specimen samples, as required by established study protocol.
- Ensures that all research activities are carried out in accordance with established research protocol and within acceptable clinical procedure and safety standards.
- Develops and maintains complete source documentation as required.
- Provides collaboration and administrative coordination between investigators and ancillary departments, research subjects (if applicable), sponsoring organizations, and/or regulating bodies.
- Represents and promotes the objectives and activities of research studies to various internal and/or external constituencies, as appropriate.
- May oversee and guide the work of other research coordinators and/or support staff engaged in study activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35446-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.