Community Developer (Permanent Full Time), CHSJ General Admin
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35591 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: CHSJ General Admin
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Community Health Centre
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Community Developer
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $24.83 to $34.72 per hour (Payband 4)
- Explore funding opportunities such as Foundations, Grants, and Research funds and then develop, or support proposals to increase availability of resources in identified priority areas.
- Design and evaluate community action programs in partnership with citizens and local stakeholders with a view to meeting needs in the community.
- Work with members of the community to build joint community support net-works.
- Assist in the formation of groups to develop strategies and implement solutions to community issues by supporting a collaborative approach.
- Travels throughout the region as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be reassigned throughout the program as required.
Note: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully quali-fied applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the quali-fications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- University degree in the field of social work, health sciences, or social sciences.
- Experience in community development with a strong knowledge base of community development and health promotion principles.
- Understanding of the determinants of health and the chronic care model.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the health needs of the population of the communities serviced by the Health Centers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community groups.
- Strong skills in proposal writing and report preparation.
- Strong computer and internet skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in the role with recognized deci-sion-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout the region as required.
- BCLS, or willing to obtain.
- Good work and attendance record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- A valid driver's license and the use of a vehicle.
The Community Developer will work with the communities served by St Jospeh's Community Health Centre. Work will be done collaboratively with the community, interdisciplinary team and the Community to develop strategies and plan activities to promote individual, family, and community ca-pacity for enhanced health. The Community Developer will be well informed on de-mographics and particular health needs of the population living in the area served. The primary functions will be to stimulate, facilitate and plan tangible actions in order to meet the population health needs. The actions are based on the Determinants of Health theo-retical framework.
Travel throughout the region as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
May be re-assigned throughout the department as required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Centre Manager
Work with Community Developer Network
- Create linkages and maintain a network of community, regional, and provincial services and programs.
- Develop a process to identify required community actions to: identify needs, and identify solutions.
- To stimulate community action on the health determinants impacting the commu-nity served.
- Participate in the organization and facilitation of information sessions and com-munity.
- Support the creation of self-help and support groups based on need.
- Facilitate and coordinate participation of the interdisciplinary team and other community partners to respond to community's desired actions.
- Participate as one of the interdisciplinary team members in the chronic disease management initiatives of the Health Centers.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-35591-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.