Admitting Registration Scheduling Clerk (Permanent Part Time), MONH REGISTRATION
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35590 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: MONH REGISTRATION
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.4, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $19.9323 to $21.4551 per hour
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for performing interviews, admissions, registrations, pre-admissions, and bed management procedures.
- High school graduation plus an additional program/course (s) of up to six months OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1007, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Level 2/Intermediate)
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Medical Terminology Spelling 75%
- Medical Terminology Vocabulary 75%
- Excel 50%
- Outlook 50%
- Word 50%
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for:
- Admitting patients and registering/scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing and maintaining patient records
- Maintaining bed tracking systems
- Performing general clerical duties
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35590-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.