Licensed Practical Nurse (Casual), Addiction and Mental Health- In Patient (3200)
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34747 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Addiction and Mental Health- In Patient (3200)
FACILITY: Addiction and Mental Health Services (Moncton)
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English essential with requirement to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
- As a member of a multidisciplinary team, collaborates and delivers holistic care to individuals or groups of patients and their families, working to the full extent of the LPN scope of practice.
- Participates in assessment , planning , implementation and evaluation measures on a continual basis to meet patient needs and enhance outcomes
- Aids patients/families in development of their care plan and in recovery planning
- Acts as a resource and advocate for patient and family centered collaborative care
- Acts with dignity and respect for all patients, adhering to the values and philosophy of the Horizon Health Network and ANBLPN
- Minimum of 1 year of recent and direct ( within 5 years) Addiction & Mental Health experience OR an equivalent combination of recent and direct work experience and certificates of completion for specifically related and recognized education
- Actively registered with the LPN Association of New Brunswick (ANBLPN)
- Current BLS, Non - Violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST and Motivational Interviewing are essential. Willingness to maintain re-certifications as required
- High level of interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team and independently
- Demonstrated awareness of assessment tools and treatment modalities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to relevant legislation and processes, including but not limited to the Mental Health Act, Family Services Act and NB Addiction withdrawal protocols
- Previous exemplary work and attendance record
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Able to fulfill the duties of the position
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide educational sessions in a group setting
- Willingness to participate in Reflective Clinical Supervision, Coaching Circles and Family Centered Care training
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.( Intermediate Level)
- Embraces a culture of client/family centered collaborative care
- Aids in the development of and continuously evaluates effectiveness of individual nursing care plans
- Engages in therapeutic relationships and helps support and guide patients/families in their recovery planning
- Acts as a patient advocate, promoting an environment conducive to open communication and professionalism
- Maintains knowledge of treatments, equipment and supplies pertinent to the service
- Acts as a role model, working collaboratively with other team members
- Completes assigned duties as dictated by specific patient needs to ensure quality patient care provision
- Aids in the completion of unit/program tasks
- Provides educational sessions to individual and groups of patients
- Accompanies patient off unit as necessary
- Models and promotes a calm, respectful and supportive environment
- Supervises and facilitates client activities
- May required to float within our mental health in-patient unit (3100,3200,3700)
- Maintains personal certification skills required
- Models professionalism ; maintains standards of practice and professional boundaries as determined by the service and ANBLPN
- Assists with and supports the orientation of new staff
- Assists with educating patient/families/staff/community
- Supports the preceptorship program
- Promotes and demonstrates an interest in program activities, by attending staff meetings, participating on committees as requested and contributing to the development/evaluation of unit standards of care.
- Reports unsafe practices or professional misconduct which could possibly endanger patient safety
- Maintains an awareness of fiscal responsibility and promotes a culture of cost effectiveness
- Acts as a change agent to enhance quality of care, work environment and sustainability
- Works collaboratively with the Manager regarding optimization measures.
These are the basic minimum duties required and are subject to change due to operational requirements.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34747-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.