Englobe Corp. is growing their operations throughout Atlantic Canada and is searching for motivated, reliable professionals aiming to advance their career in the field of Environmental Engineering and Consulting.
Established in 1961, Englobe is one of Canada's leading environmental, geotechnical and materials consulting engineering firms. Operating out of 60 offices across Canada, we have a full-time staff of over 1,800 employees nationwide, including nearly 200 in Atlantic Canada alone.
Our Dartmouth location has an immediate need for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to lead and provide input to our industrial and occupational hygiene, air quality, sound level and noise exposure, and hazardous building material projects. Reporting to our Environmental Engineering Team Leader, you will manage, carry out, and participate in a variety of environmental hazard related projects.
- Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and/or conduct qualitative and quantitative worker exposure assessments of chemical, physical, and biological agents in a wide variety of sectors;
- Provide recommendations and risk mitigation measures for work spaces;
- Participate in hazardous building materials projects including inventories/surveys, management plans, abatement specifications development, and abatement programs;
- Provide effective technical support for members of the team;
- Project Management activities, including proposal/budget preparation, client liaison, directing technical staff, providing quality review of technical deliverables to ensure that projects are set up and executed in full compliance with quality standards and regulations; and
- Build and/or support client relationships, working in conjunction with senior leadership team;
- University Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, or related disciplines such as Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Biology;
- Certification in Industrial or Occupational Hygiene (CIH or ROH);
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the field of environmental consulting in Atlantic Canada;
- Knowledge of health and safety management systems;
- In depth knowledge of provincial and federal occupational health and safety legislation;
- Experience with the assessment and monitoring of hygiene parameters in a variety of industrial and occupational settings, including air quality comfort, chemical, microbial and noise parameters;
- Experience with the assessment and management hazardous building materials;
- Working knowledge of industrial hygiene practices including maintenance and calibration of field equipment;
- Experience working on federal projects is considered a strong asset; and,
- Superior communication skills, written and spoken.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Atlantic Canada on an occasional basis;
- Knowledge of the Canada Labour Code (CLC), Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), National Joint Council Occupational Safety and Health Directives (NJC-OHS), and all other relevant occupational health legislation, standards, and guidelines; and,
- Previous Government of Canada Personnel Security Clearance (Reliability) or capacity to obtain such clearance.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.