Psychologist 1 (PC01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston
CLASSIFICATION : Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximatively 1 year)
FTE : 0.8
ANTICIPATED START DATE : February 4th, 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shifts - Monday to Friday with possibility of night shifts and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Within the Adult Long Term Program, the successful candidate will provide a range of mental health services to the population with various mental disorders. The development and maintenance of effective working relations with clients, families, colleagues, other departments and organizations, and the public constitutes an important aspect of this position. The successful candidate may be asked to travel in the course of delivering their services in other community mental health facilities of Vitalité Health Network.
- Active member of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick;
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least four years of supervised work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by at least one year of supervised work;
- Valid BCLS certificate, and recertification obtained within the past year;
- Prevention and Management of the suicidal conducts Program or to obtain within set time line;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and adaptation to change;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and English is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment