Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SCHP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : St. Joseph Community Health Center (Dalhousie)
DEPARTMENT : Clinical Nutrition
CLASSIFICATION : Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (Approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : November 26, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shift - 08:00 - 16:00 - may be flexible
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs
Will be required to work at different facilities within Vitalité Health Network - zone 5.
JOB SUMMARY :
Be responsible for the delivery of a full range of clinical nutrition services designed to meet the nutritional needs of the outpatient and at times inpatient clientele. The incumbent will be responsible to assess patient's nutritional needs and provide nutritional intervention according to their needs. The incumbent will have to provide individual or group teaching. He/she will have to complete support work, such as statistics and reports.
- Bachelor Degree in nutrition sciences and completion of an approved dietetic internship program;
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians or be eligible for membership;
- Experience in clinical nutrition would be an asset;
- Leadership qualities, human relations skills and self-motivation;
- Initiative, excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Recognized skill for teaching, communication, and interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing professional development as it pertains to this position;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment