Manager in Account Management Branch
Department of Finance
Revenue Administration Division
Manager in Account Management Branch
Pay Band 5
The Revenue Administration Division of the Department of Finance is seeking an individual for the position of Manager in the Account Management Branch, working in Fredericton.
Reporting to the Director of Account Management, the Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Operational Management and Supervision of a team of sixteen staff members
- Provide a leadership role and manage staff through performance reviews, assignment of work, establishment of expectations, coaching and recommending development and training, including working with staff to establish work plans that ensure strategic plans and priorities are being met
- Oversee the preparation and verification of financial transactions, including month-end reconciliations and adjustments
- Working closely with the Manager of Revenue Accounting to provide forecasting advice on the state of revenues, provisions and reserves contributing to accurate budget projections and cash flow expectations
- Accountable for processing property tax payments, approving tax refunds/tax rebates and administering various other tax programs and credits
- Analyze, design and implement new administrative procedures, guidelines and standards to embrace Government's corporate vision, implementing new programs relating to tax and/or tax credits as announced in accordance with government's and the department's strategic direction
- Report on the results of the areas of responsibility to Divisional Senior Management
- Ensure new policies and procedures are adhered to, processes meet financial reporting standards, and ensuring that issues are identified and addressed as they arise
- Respond to inquiries from the public in relation to programs administered by the Department
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related degree, with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a financial/business environment that should include at least 2-3 years of recent management or equivalent experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies: Analytical Thinking, Developing Others, Effective Interactive Communication, Organizational Commitment, Results Orientation, Team Leadership.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Human Resource Management, Planning and Organizational Skills, Written Communication, Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Salary: $2,131 to $2,977 bi-weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line no later than November 19, 2018, indicating competition number: 18-FIN-19. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!