Food Services Supervisor (Temporary Part Time), Food and Nutrition Services
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35178 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutrition Services
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Food Services Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Food Services Supervisor (2029)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, FTE: 0.5, TEMP: November 26, 2018 to February 8, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $22.2920 to $23.9952 per hour
The Food Services Supervisor supervises employees engaged in patient and retail food service operations.
- High school graduation and completion of a formal, recognized course in Food Service and Nutrition Management Program or a Bachelor's Degree with a major in Foods and Nutrition or equivalent.
- Must have three years of recent food service experience within the past 5 - 7 years, that includes supervisory experience.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Food Services Supervisor is responsible for:
- Overseeing, supervising, coordinating and ensuring the quality of patient and retail food services
- Preparing work schedules and determining work assignments
- Ensuring compliance with Acts, Regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Monitoring and scheduling equipment maintenance and repairs
- Monitoring and maintaining inventories of stock and supplies
- Processing patient menus
- Preparing reports related to personnel, finance and operational activities
- Participating in employee selection, orientation, training and performance reviews
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Commitment and Engagement
- Decision Making
- Focus on Performance
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 18, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35178-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.