Risk Management Advisor
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Non bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Risk Management
CLASSIFICATION : Risk Management Advisor
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
As part of the Risk Management team with the Vitalité Heath Network, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and promoting activities related to Risk Management for the zone. The Advisor works closely with all levels of the Organization to promote a coordinated and ongoing approach to risk management activities in order to reduce the organization's exposure to risk that could have a negative effect on patient safety, staff members and the public.
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare field;
- Related training with work experience may be considered
- Training in Risk Management or willingness to complete a course in Risk Management;
- At least five (5) years of experience in a hospital setting;
- Management experience would be an asset;
- Knowledge in the judicial system / legislation would be considered an asset;
- Good analytical / problem solving skills;
- Sound judgement, tact and discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage time;
- Good communication skills in all aspects (reading, writing, speaking);
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, MedQM, etc.);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment.