WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking is currently seeking Track Inspectors to join our Rail & Transit department, located at offices within the GTA and Thornhill. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position will be responsible for inspection, examination, on-site work acceptance and preparation of reports for work progress on assigned construction contracts for a transit project. You will ensure that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications, as well as with applicable codes and safety regulations.
- Be resident at the "Place of Work" when construction duties are being carried out;
- Coordinate and carry out inspections during construction of the work of the construction contract to verify compliance with the construction contract specifications;
- Review quality of Contractor's work and prepare rating evaluation using the Contractor Performance Appraisal form as referenced in the Contract;
- Complete detailed written track inspections including identifying deficiencies and correct actions required;
- Provide weekly and monthly, and if required daily, reports including site photos summarizing progress and identifying issues to be forwarded to the client;
- Identify and act on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions (for safety, security, operational efficiency, customer convenience, etc.);
- Ensure that timely analysis and recommendation are provided to the client for all issues including, but not limited to, extension of time requests, cost estimates, change Order, claims, diaries of construction activities, progress and final payment certification, negotiations, change proposals, design and construction problems encountered;
- Assist the client to prepare necessary notices or public relation information package for advising and updating commuters concerning the progress of the work;
- Certain assignments may require that you work outside of normal work hours; Must be available to work on track construction projects outside at nights and some weekends outside of regular Passenger rail traffic schedules;
- Other duties as assigned /required.
- Completion of an Engineering Technologist or Technician college program is an asset
- 10 year' experience working for a Class 1 Railroad in North America
- 5 - 10 years of experience working as a Track Inspector and/or Track Supervisor in heavy rail
- 5 years experience working with hirail track units and equipment
- C.E.T designation, or Accredited Architectural or Building Technologist, licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario is an asset;
- Demonstrated on-site inspection experience in construction projects of similar size, scope and magnitude;
- Demonstrated experience in a rail right-of-way is a requirement;
- Valid Ontario Driver's License.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.