Full Stack Developer (Java, Typescript, Spring, C#)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be a key part of an innovative, "first to market" technology culture, contributing to CIBC's digital transformation. As a Full Stack Developer within CIBC's Personal & Small Business Technology department, you'll provide detailed technical designs and develop applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. You'll build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions that will enhance the client experience and change the way that people bank.
How You'll Succeed
- Collaborative Development - Contribute to the agile team goals by collaborating with other functional teams, actively participating in Scrum ceremonies and expanding technical capabilities of the team. Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet business objectives while also maintaining existing applications.
- Programming Ability- Perform and coordinate complex end to end implementation of application programming activities within the Scrum team. Develop specifications, estimations for assigned work packages, code, test, debug, document, Test Driven Development (TDD) and ensure successful implementation and maintenance of programs .
- Project Delivery and Influence - Actively participate and conduct code-review sessions and ensure the overall code quality aligns with business and project requirements. Monitor production and user acceptance testing support to troubleshoot complex problems on applications and technologies. Assist in the transformation from Waterfall to Agile methodologies/practices.
Who You Are
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit