Senior Test Automation Engineer
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be hands on with all aspects of the automation testing process and provide suggestions that will ensure client needs are met with the highest quality. As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you'll work directly with the Senior Manager to lead the on & off-shore Automation team within CIBC's Personal & Small Business Technology department. You will be responsible for assigning and overseeing the creation and execution of test cases, reviewing technical scripts to ensure they align with project objectives, and providing coaching to your team members. You will be responsible for keeping up with market trends, researching new automation tools and working directly with vendors to implement new tools. You'll develop and maintain an test automation framework and automated test scripts, develop testing strategies, and provide work estimates.
How You'll Succeed
- Automation Framework - Stay up to date with market trends, researching new automation tools and working directly with vendors to implement new tools. Develop and maintain an test automation framework and automated test scripts, develop testing strategies, and provide work estimates.
- Testing Expertise - Lead the analysis and translation of business requirements into test cases. Design and manage end-to-end testing activities for various projects across the business. Use your expertise in software development testing to provide clients with quality products that meet business and system requirements.
- Leadership Skills - Provide advice to your team, including ongoing feedback, support, and mentorship. Proactively identify any potential issues throughout all test phases, and suggest possible improvements or enhancements.
- Project Coordination - Identify obstacles or risks that may impact a project's timeline or success and provide regular status updates to the business. Keep the lines of communication open with stakeholders, and escalate issues when necessary. Ensure that all test deliverables are received, approved, and aligned to your project's timeline, budget and objectives.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 3 years of hands on experience in Test Automation and have previous experience leading on & off-shore Automation teams. You have proven experience creating and implementing automation frameworks, as well as script development. You have experience with automation test tools: HP UFT and Selenium; and have experience conducting market research and working with vendors to identify and implement new automation test tools. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders and external vendors.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit