Customer Service Representative
Finance & Administration Department - Revenue
Job # P802
"The City of Moncton is the economic and commercial centre of Atlantic Canada, with a number of key qualities that make it one of the best places in the region to live and work. Moncton is consistently recognized as a sports tourism hub for Atlantic Canada as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. It is Moncton's overall drive to succeed, commitment to excellence, desire to move forward, and total quality of life that makes this city what it is."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Customer Service Representative with the Finance &* Administration Department - Revenue.
Responds to customer inquiries, in person, by telephone, electronically and via fax from the public, elected officials and other corporate departments concerning goods, services, schedules, rates, regulations and policies while establishing effective client relationships.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Revenue Officer.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduation or GED equivalency.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution where accounting, typing, filing and other general office skills were acquired.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in performing similar or related duties within or outside the Corporation
- Must have experience in handling cash.
- Typing speed of sixty (60) w.p.m.
- Accounting courses or related experience is an asset.
- Computer knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, window applications and email.
- The ability to function in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement.
- Work must be performed with tact, diplomacy and persuasion for exchanging information and data, discussion of problems and submission of frequent internal/external contacts.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Sustainability, diversity, creativity, engagement and leadership.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall.
To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at 506-877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - NOVEMBER 21, 2018
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)