Finance and Administration Services
Job # P803
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for Accounting Clerk.
This position is required to provide a broad range of accounting related support duties which contribute to the efficient operation of the Accounting section of the Finance and Administration department. This position requires direct contact with staff and management of the Finance and Administration department and occasionally provides information to our suppliers as required. The position works closely with the Accounting section of the finance department to complete tasks and solve problems.
This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalency.
- Must have post-secondary education from an accredited institution where accounting skills were acquired.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in performing similar or related duties.
- English essential. The ability to communicate in the French language would be an asset, but not a requirement.
- Will be expected to become familiar with all City of Moncton financial systems.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must maintain in the strictest of confidence, information received concerning confidential matters.
- Must have above average knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office and other related computer systems.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have minimum keyboarding skills of sixty (60) wpm.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be familiar with the operation of all office equipment to include computer and related software, fax, photocopier and phone systems.
- This position requires frequent contact with Human Resources/Payroll staff, Finance employees, and vendors. The main purpose of these contacts is to provide information and handle inquiries.
- This position will also have occasional contact with the public and other departments within the Corporation which will require courtesy, tact and diplomacy for exchanging information.
- Limited supervision of other employees to include summer staff may be required.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Sustainability, diversity, creativity, engagement and leadership.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - NOVEMBER 21, 2018
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)