STELIA Aerospace North America Inc. (STELIA North America) is an advanced manufacturing facility which designs, develops and produces fibre reinforced composite products for global markets. Our organization currently employs about 350 employees in our facilities in Lunenburg and Mill Cove, Nova Scotia as well as in Mirabel, Quebec and Seattle, Washington.
We currently have an opening for a Composites Technician to join our Production Team in Mirabel, Quebec due to an increase in business. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor and is a temporary full time position, with possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Manufacture composites parts including but not limited to skins, panels and reflectors
- Tasks consisting of layup, bagging, autoclave loading, curing, mold preparation, demoulding, trimming and other production related activities
- Program and operate equipment such as autoclave, oven, forklift and small tools provided valid certification
- Ensure that workplace is clean, safe at all time and that working conditions are optimal
- Follow all administrative, operational and safety company policies
- Demonstrate ability to lay up compound curve panels and build ups, standard laminate parts and test panels, know where to cut, overlap and butt joints.
- Identify and handle raw materials and consumables.
- Understand materials and process of bagging parts.
- Read and comprehend drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Attend work as scheduled to achieve business objectives
- Fulfill productivity objectives as established in STELIA procedures and work control documents.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment and perform work safely and identify hazards
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all data requirements as specified in STELIA procedures and work control documents.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions on the STELIA Enterprise Resource Planning system, using barcode and personal computer workstations.
- Ability to lay up parts
- Knowledge and skill of a wide range of layup materials and techniques
- Able to work with honeycomb, potting joints, adhesive films, foam, foam adhesives
- Identify material and process problems in lay up
- Knowledge of inspection standards and drawings
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard drawing / manufacturing documentation
- Able to identify solutions to material and process problems
- Capable of being considered for delegated quality authority on simple parts (after demonstrated competency)
- Responsible for seeing development through all phases
- Works in close collaboration with the engineering department
The successful candidate will possess:
- AEC/DEP/DEC degree in Composites manufacturing in a asset
- 1 year or more of experience an asset
- Bilingual (French-English)
- Manual dexterity
- Certification cards : SIMDUT, forklift, crane, autoclave, oven operator or other relevant an asset
- Dedicated team player
We are excited to provide opportunities to people who can make positive contributions to our organization. We offer our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment.
We offer competitive total rewards package including:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending Account • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Dependent Life Insurance • Company Matched Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Group TFSA • Employee and Family Assistance Program • Best Doctors Program • Out of Country Travel Insurance • Shares Purchase Plan • Free on-site parking • Employee Social Events •
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter via the Careers section of our website at http://stelia-northamerica.com. Refer to Requisition #1086.