Licensed Practical Nurse (Temporary Part Time), Family Medicine Chronic Care
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35529
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine/Chronic Care
FACILITY: Charlotte County Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: LPN
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.4, TEMP: November 19, 2018 to Decemebr 20, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse
- Graduate of an approved School for Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered with A.N.B.L.P.N.
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgement
- Current CPR Certification
- Proper regard for confidential information
- Completion of the LPN Adult Physical Assessment course.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required
- Assist with the care of patients in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and other members of the patient care team.
- Assist with physical examinations.
- Obtain specimens (urine, sputum, etc.)
- Assist patient with activities of daily living.
- Assist patients with elimination including enemas, suppositories.
- Assist with preparation of patient for operating room.
- Change simple sterile dressing without a drainage.
- Provide post-mortem care.
- Report, chart and record observation and outcome of nursing care.
- Monitor and document the condition of the patient and report any changes Assist patient with getting in and out of bed, walking, simple exercises, dressing and undressing and personal hygiene.
- Deliver, set up and remove patient's trays, assist with feeding patient.
- Foster good public relations, with patients, visitors and other employees.
- May be required to supervise patients.
- May assist with orientation of new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-35529-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.