Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent Part Time), Operating Room
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35633 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Operating Room
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating FTE: 0.4, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
Working in collaboration with the health care team, under the supervision of the registered nurse, the LPN will contribute to the delivery of safe quality Perioperative care.
- Registered as a Nursing Assistant in the Province of New Brunswick
- Successful completion of an OR course within the last 5 years and/or 1950 hours relevant experience within the last 5 years.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties
- Neat and clean in appearance.
- Good previous work record.
- Good attendance record.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgments
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and general public.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrated effective team skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Work collaboratively as an accountable member of the OR team Competently perform scrub duties during surgical procedures, including;
- Set priorities and expedite an efficient sterile setup for each surgical procedure
- Apply knowledge and skill to the technical and procedural steps of the intended surgical procedure.
- To display knowledge of instruments and equipment; their function, location, handling, sterilization and cleaning
- Respond appropriately to complications and unexpected events during the surgical procedure
- Competently perform circulating duties during the surgical procedure under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Perform the count procedure with the circulating registered nurse and account for all items on the sterile field
- Act as a patient advocate during the surgical procedure.
- Assist with lifting / positioning of the patient as required.
- Assist with general housekeeping duties as required.
- Assist with setting up and turning over OR theatres
- Principals of confidentiality.
- Responsible to the O.R. manager
- Related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as necessary to the operation of the department.
- All practices shall comply with ORNAC Standards and Corporate / Departmental Policy and Procedures.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35633 -External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.