ASL 4 Technical Support Representative
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
ASL 4/Technical Support Representative
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is seeking an highly organized and dynamic individual to provide technical support as part of the Autism Learning Partnership Branch working in the Fredericton or Moncton area.
Reporting to the Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for providing customer service and technical support to individuals registering and participating in online training programs and for managing the database of participant information. Duties include:
- Assisting participants with the registration process;
- Assisting participants as they participate in the training including resolving technical issues related to accessing courses, assisting with challenges navigating through a program, and addressing issues that may arise when participants are completing tests;
- Escalating issues that are non-technical issues to appropriate Learning Specialists;
- Developing checklists, procedures or FAQ templates to address issues that participants may be having when accessing or participating in online training;
- Monitoring customer service and customer satisfaction and taking actions to meet customer service performance indicators;
- Using ticketing system to document technical support requests;
- Issuing certificates of completion;
- Managing the database and ensuring the integrity of information;
- Managing registrations, account creation, class lists and enrollments in online courses;
- Querying the database to generate regular and adhoc reports;
- Access the data base to retrieve information regarding specific clients or client groups;
- Working with Learning Specialists to analyze the results of quizzes to identify patterns of responses;
- Generating and preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, supplemented by one (1) year of completed post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Experience with remote support
- Experience working in a Help Desk or Technical Support environment
- Training in document publication
The following operational requirement(s) is also required: Willing and able to work shift work and weekends, as required.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Concern for Order;
- Analytical Thinking and Judgement;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Results Orientation;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Written Communication;
- Planning and Organizing Skills.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: From $41,600 to $50, 518 annually.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line or by mail at the following address by (closing date) indicating competition number: 18-2000-034. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Education and
Early Childhood Development
Human Resources Services
Place 2000, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: 1 506 444-4909
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!